FirePower+™ - a database acceleration technique for database-intensive web applications with a 2,000% improvement in speed (20x faster), and also an alternative to memcached. Coming soon.
Reverse VPN sharding - method for reconstructing access patterns on websites where VPN users intentionally obfuscate their requests. Coming soon.
Hall of Fame: these are products and services, as well as service providers or experiences, that I use and strongly recommend:
RED Dragon-X 6K digital cinema camera with Zeiss CP.3 lenses - the ultimate run and gun digital cinema setup. Proof (actual sample footage).
Adobe Creative Cloud - my personal trademark is pleadings and letters typeset in the best desktop publishing tool of all-time: Adobe InDesign. Check out my review as a 20-year+ user of Adobe.
- the best ever keyboard, especially for those who want 1980s-style typing functionality. For service, IBM Model M KeyboardClicky Keyboards is great.
King Star Computer, Inc. - custom workstations and servers built to order.
Intel Xeon - professional grade processors that permit the use of ECC RAM.
Seagate Exos - true enterprise-grade hard drives.
Nvidia Titan - formerly the most powerful desktop GPU in the world. Works great on Linux!
- great for typing envelopes and personal notes. Prestige Pica typing element matches IBM Selectric II typewriterTriplicate T4. For sales and service in the Bay Area, Los Altos Business Machines.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - a powerful server operating system that works great as a workstation.
General Dynamics PitBull - a trusted operating system built on top of RHEL 7.
CodeWeavers - the official vendor for PitBull and makers of the excellent CrossOver/Wine system.
Mathematica - advanced computation platform.
Andy Collis/Valley Visuals - brilliant concept artist.
The Curating - website development and art.
Nissan GT-R - the ultimate all-around chariot.
Boardwalk Nissan/GT-R Specialists - five star service.
Alternative BMW Service - five star service.
American Express - the Business Platinum charge card is well worth the annual fee.
Vim - the best text editor of all time.
Warnings. These are products and services I strongly urge you not to use:
Dell UltraSharp 8K monitor -
the ultimate workstation display, and perfect for editing 4K and 8K video. This product seemed promising, but it turned out to be defective in design and disappointing in reliability. Replaced twice under warranty and failed in less than a year each time. I am not only deleting this endorsement; I am also warning you against buying this product.
Hall of Shame: if someone gets me to the point of posting a whole web page about them on here, you know they went way too far in whatever they were doing wrong.
- Mexican timeshare RICO - a complex advance fee wire fraud scam and continuing criminal racketeering enterprise.
- 6x7 Networks, LLC and Ben Cannon - read about my roller coaster ride with 6x7 Networks and its erratic CEO, who I am suing for fraud.
- Mahsa Parviz - my crazy ex, who narrowly takes the "worst human being I know" award from Ben Cannon (though it is very close). Overall, I put her in third place because the objective harm to society caused by Ben Cannon is actually higher-- plus Ben is still somehow getting away with it, unlike Mahsa who is in Federal custody and headed to prison following her recent convictions.
- Binglong Yang - the eccentric scofflaw owner of a disintegrating rental house who hammered me at the worst possible moment, while simultaneously ruining what was otherwise a joyful time. Hard to believe this guy is in fourth place in my Hall of Shame, but hey, that shows how bad Ben and Mahsa are.